” We are slowed down sound and light waves, a walking bundle of frequencies tuned into the cosmos. We are souls dressed up in sacred biochemical garments and our bodies are the instruments through which our souls play their music. "
MetaMusic is the development of my work around the universal, transformative, and healing power of sound.
Meta means beyond, transcendent. In this context music becomes experiential, functional, and metaphor of life - a tool for self development, spiritual guidance, and holistic healing
This comprehensive body of work is the compendium of my 30+ years of studies and initiations in ancient traditions and modern schools of wisdoms like Alchemy, Vedic Traditions, Mythology, Psychology, Tantra, Shamanism, Esotericism, Folk and Classical Music, Alternative Medicine as well as the direct observation of Mother Nature.
All of these have informed and formed my years of work as a teacher, a musician, and sound therapist, both in one-on-one and group sessions.
I present this body of work as a tool for your personal development, as a compass to navigate life, and as a healing method to support each other. You will learn how to become a Sound Alchemist, while experiencing immersive sound journeys, sacred ceremonies, shamanic vision quests, and hands-on practices. You will also learn self-healing practices to use for yourself and in your work with others.
Enjoy your explorations and discoveries,
Explore more at laurainserra.com/metamusic
MetaMusic Foundation Course is a 3-Part program on the use of sound and music as
tools for self-exploration, sacred ceremony, and holistic healing.
Part 1 / Source is about discovering the nature of sound; ways in which sound becomes music; what makes music a tool for deep transformation; the power carried in the intention; the alchemy between the instruments and the practitioner; what is needed to create sound journeys and sacred ceremonies; and more...
Part 2 / Self is about learning how to ‘tune’ to Yourself; how to show up; how to connect to our ‘inner environment’; learning self-care practices; embody your ‘voice print’; the power of drumming, which tools can be useful to facilitate presence, personal transformation, and wellbeing for us and for others; and more...
Part 3 / Self-Other is about exploring how to extend and express yourself through your instruments; how to connect and move toward the Other; how to navigate the fields of the ‘invisible’ while being anchored in ‘Yourself’; how to trust the ‘larger orchestration’; how to become a whole with the flow of manifestation; and more...
MetaMusic Course 2020 or 2021 is required for the MetaMusic Training that will be presented live online this Fall.
- Intro to Part 1 / Source (5:57)
- Full Moon ~ Preparation (5:31)
- Full Moon ~ Ceremony (12:33)
- MetaMusic Journey for the Full Moon (20:13)
- Q 1: The chant you were singing at the beginning of the Full Moon Music Journey, was it a mantra? (3:52)
- Q 2: I heard a very gentle sound and some water. Which instrument were you playing? (1:30)
- Q 3: When I listen to sound journeys my mind starts to analyze the music and then I get distracted. What can I do about it? (1:29)
- What is Sound? (3:04)
- When Sound becomes Music? (5:00)
- E~motions: Energy in Motion (3:34)
- Suggested Exploration ~ Sacred Music Ceremony (11:06)
- Your Body is Your Instrument (12:39)
- Sound as a Communication Tool (2:42)
- Alchemy in Music (4:35)
- Pulsation versus Rhythm (9:38)
- Timber ~ The different Families of Instruments (7:30)
- Instruments Making (25:04)
- Q 4: How do you know that what you are playing is the sound needed? (1:37)
- Music is the Language of Emotion (9:14)
- MetaMusic Journeys (10:38)
- Q 5: Can you say a few words about The Resonant Healing Method? (1:35)
- Q 6: How do you tune to yourself? And what do you harmonize with? (6:39)
- MetaMusic Journey: Pulsing into the Source (12:52)
- Intro to Part 2 / Self (1:03)
- New Moon Music Ceremony (8:38)
- MetaMusic Journey for the New Moon (21:28)
- Q 1: How much healing is necessary to alleviate pain? And when? (8:45)
- Your Inner Environment (2:52)
- The 5 Elements (4:10)
- The Roundtable of Inner Characters (12:03)
- Expanding Your ‘Tool Kit’ (5:03)
- The Dance of the Sticks (5:48)
- Modal Instruments (4:50)
- The Voice ~ The Language of the Body (24:31)
- Proto-Language (6:17)
- Inner Resonant Explorations (14:49)
- Q 2: How do you stay tuned to the resonance of your body? (1:46)
- Self-Care versus Self-Healing (2:23)
- Energy Cleansing & Centering Practices (10:03)
- Inner Resonant Explorations Practice (13:27)
- Receiving by Giving (19:35)
- Q 3: How do I use instruments like the drum for myself? (7:00)
- Suggested Exploration: Connect with Nature and with Your Inner Resonance... (6:54)
- Intro to Part 3 / Self~Other (2:11)
- Your Unique Medicine (11:55)
- Healing Practices during the Digital Era (9:17)
- Immersive Sound Experiences (3:17)
- Resonant Healing Practice (6:17)
- Structured Improvisation Experiences (12:16)
- Which Instruments and When (2:48)
- Sound Permeates the Body: the Holistic Touch (11:14)
- Getting & Giving Permission (2:25)
- Guided Sound Journeys & Integration (5:55)
- Music Medicine versus Plant Medicine (1:40)
- Q 1: If you are recording a session to send to someone, how do you structure it? (5:40)
- MetaMusic Journey ~ Resurrection (15:46)
- Q 2: During Resurrection you healed a wound I have been trying to heal for a long time. How did you do that? (1:35)
- Q 3: These days I'm experiencing depression and I feel like staying all day in bed. What can I do? (2:53)
- Q 4: What do you do with the falling leaves of the Shakapas? (1:34)
- Q 5: I have trouble with the transitions and the silence. Can you tell us more about it? (7:02)
- Q 6: Sometimes I wonder, am I using the right instruments at the right time? (2:47)
- Q 7: I judge myself and I'm afraid to create more drama or discomfort with my music. Any recommendation? (1:45)
- The Human Potential (12:09)
- Transmitting / Transmuting / Transforming (4:06)
- Your Inner Rhythm (2:49)
- Trance ~ Transiting to Different Fields of Information (6:19)
- Inter-Action between Observer & Observed (2:47)
- Composing by Improvising (13:31)
- Finale (0:53)
Thank you for your interest in my programs. I am giving a few scholarships to those who cannot afford the tuition.
My vision is to support and boost the human potential while I remain loyal to the right value of the work I deliver. I believe money should never stop our path of growth and wellbeing.
Please take a moment to fill out the Scholarship Form and I promise I will do my best to meet your needs.
Looking forward to connecting with you,
"If a Spiritual teacher, a Fairy SoundMother, and a Shaman had a baby it would be Laura Inserra. Working with Laura is entering an alternate dimension in which sound, the elements, and spirit are palpable at all times. Laura possesses the rare combination of technical knowledge and spiritually attuned intelligence; a gift which she delivers with enchanting ease. Should the path of sound awareness and healing call you, Laura is a teacher like no other, and a true sound alchemist." - Inbal Etgar
"This course set me on a learning curve working with sound, vibration and frequencies. It has broadened my understanding of sound in its many forms and ways of presentation and opened me up to really feeling sound in my body, mind, emotions and spirit. Laura's sound journeys were so different from anything I have previously experienced and in her space she gently allows me to experience sound in an all encompassing way... very expansive. This course was fascinating on so many different levels and even now after completion of the course my body, mind, emotions and soul are still realigning in a new way. Stay tuned !! Who knows what will come next??!!" - Patricia Owen